Lauren Clipp Giles
Lauren Clipp Giles joined the firm in 2009. Her primary practice areas include local government law, real property disputes, contract and business litigation, and probate litigation. Lauren's experience is instrumental in her representation of both individuals and businesses.Ms. Giles is a native of Clemson, South Carolina. She graduated from Clemson University in 2005, cum laude, with a bachelors degree in Political Science, a concentration in Economics, and a minor in History. She attended the University of Georgia School of Law, where she received her Juris Doctor, cum laude. There she served as President of the Women Law Students Association and participated in the Land Use Clinic. Ms. Giles was honored to receive the 2008 Outstanding Law Student Award from the Georgia Association for Women Lawyers.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Giles had the privilege of serving a one year appointment as law clerk for Judges Robert W. Adamson, David Motes, Joseph H. Booth, and Currie Mingledorff of the Piedmont Judicial Circuit, located in Northeast Georgia.
She lives in Cumming, Georgia, with her husband Mark and their two sons.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Real Property Disputes
- Government Law
Bar & Court Admissions
- Georgia, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2011
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Juris Doctor cum laude
- Honors: Outstanding Law Student Award from the Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, 2008
- Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina
- B.S. cum laude - 2005
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers Outstanding Law Student Award
Past Employment Positions
- Georgia Superior Court, Piedmont Judicial Circuit, Law Clerk, 2008 - 2009
- Delta Zeta