Brian A. Hansford
- Founding Partner
Brian Hansford is one of the founding partners of Miles Hansford & Tallant, LLC. With over 15 years of experience, he is the leading criminal defense attorney at the firm and has successfully represented clients facing DUIs, drug violations and felonies, as well as assisted young people facing charges in juvenile court.
Brian completed his undergraduate degree at the University of North Georgia (f/k/a North Georgia College and State University) where he received his Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice. Brian is a veteran of the United States Army, having proudly served as a Paratrooper with the XVIII Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. After being honorably discharged, Brian attended John Marshall School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctorate. He then went on to serve as a Public Defender in Lumpkin County Probate and Magistrate Courts, as well as an Assistant Solicitor General in the State Court of Forsyth County, where he gained invaluable prosecutorial, negotiation and trial experience.
In 2001, Brian left the solicitor’s office to join the private sector and became a partner in a local law firm. Relying on his extensive knowledge as a prosecutor, Brian opted to use his expertise and experience to create a top notch criminal defense practice.
In 2010, Miles Hansford & Tallant, LLC was formed with Brian being a founding partner of the firm. He continues to diligently represent clients in the north metro area in the criminal defense arena, as well as serve as Chief Judge in the City of Roswell Municipal Court and in the City of Milton Municipal Court.
Areas of Practice
- Georgia, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1999
- John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, Georgia
- North Georgia College and State University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Major: Criminal Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2002 to Present
- Council of Municipal Court Judges, Member, 2007 to Present
- State v. Eddie Salyers - Forsyth Superior Court, 2002
- State v. Rick Fisher - Hall County State Court, 2013
- State v. William Bierbower - Hall County State Court, 2015
Past Employment Positions
- City of Milton, Municipal Court Judge
- Alpharetta and Roswell Municipal Courts, Chief Judge, 2008 to 2017
- State Court of Forsyth County, Assistant Solicitor General
- Lumpkin County Probate and Magistrate Courts, Public Defender
- XVIII Airborne Corps, at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, Paratrooper
- U.S. Department of Justice - Heroin Working Group - Member