Dana B. Miles
- Retired, Of Counsel
Dana B. Miles, a founding partner of Miles Hansford & Tallant, LLC, has practiced law in Forsyth and Dawson counties for over 30 years. He specializes in general corporate and business litigation with a significant emphasis on local government law. The firm serves as City Attorney for both Cumming and Dawsonville as well as representing other local governments and authorities throughout North Georgia. He has an interest and specialty practice in real estate based litigation.
Mr. Miles has been involved in the local community and has served as Chairman of both the Forsyth County Chamber of Commerce and the Zoning Board of Appeals. Mr. Miles is also a past President of the Forsyth County Rotary Club, the Blue Ridge Bar Association and the Forsyth County Bar Association. He has been active in the State Bar of Georgia serving in the past as President of the Younger Lawyers Division and as Chairman of the Uniform Rules and Professionalism Committees.
Born in Toronto, Ontario, Miles received a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Emory University in 1977 and his law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1980. He is a dedicated Bulldog and has served as the President and District Representative for the Law School Alumni Council at the University of Georgia.
Areas of Practice
- Georgia, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 1980
- Emory University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1977
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Forsyth County Rotary Club, President
- Blue Ridge Bar Association
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia, Executive Committee
- State Bar of Georgia, President of the Young Lawyers Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Chair of the Professionalism Committee
- State Bar of Georgia, Member of the Disciplinary Review Panel and the Disciplinary Investigative Panel
- State Bar of Georgia, Board of Trustees of the Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- State Bar of Georgia, Chair of Uniform Rules Committee
- Board of the Cumming-Forsyth County Chamber of Commerce, Chairman
- Founding Class of Leadership Forsyth, Member
- Georgia Judicial Nominating Commission
- Chief Justice's Commission on Professionalism
- Fox v. City of Cumming, 289 Ga.App. 803, 2008, Ga. Ct. App.
- Pistacchio v. Frasso, 314 Ga.App. 119, 2012, Ga. Ct. App.
- Tisdale v. City of Cumming, 326 Ga.App. 19, 2014, Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Reny v. Sneed, 285 Ga.App. 722, 2007, Ga. Ct. App.
- Shaw v. Ruiz, 207 Ga.App. 299, 1993, Ga. Ct. App.
- Forsyth County v. Martin, 279 Ga. 215, 2005, Ga.
- Meek v. Mallory and Evans, Inc., 318 Ga.App. 407, 2012, Ga. Ct. App.
- Martha K. Wayt Trust v. City of Cumming, Martha K. Wayt Trust v. City of Cumming, 2010, Ga. Ct. App.
- Ishak v. Lanier Contractor’s Supply Co., Inc., 254 Ga.App. 237, 2002, Ga. Ct. App.
- Singh v. Sterling United, Inc., 326 Ga.App. 504, 2014, Ga. Ct. App.
- City of Cumming
- City of Dawsonville
- Mallory & Evans Development, LLC
- Forsyth Dental Partners, Inc.
Pro Bono Activities
- Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church, Member
- Sigma Nu