Kevin J. McDonough
Kevin McDonough, a Partner at Miles Hansford & Tallant, LLC, focuses his practice on three areas of law: Family Law, Business Law, and Wills and Estates. He works closely with his clients to help identify the goals that are most important to them and then applies a strategic approach to help achieve those goals.
Born in Queens, New York, Mr. McDonough attended Auburn University and earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree, cum laude. Following college, he attended and graduated from the University of Georgia School of Law.
In his Family Law practice, Mr. McDonough represents parties in divorce, custody, child support, alimony, contempt, and modification actions. He has successfully argued before the Supreme Court of Georgia and has multiple winning opinions.
In his Business Law practice, Mr. McDonough is involved in with businesses, ranging from start-ups to multi-million dollar ventures. He assists clients with corporate formation and shareholder issues, drafting contracts, business litigation, and selling or acquiring business interests.
In his Will and Estate practice, Mr. McDonough works with clients to ensure that their estate plans and wishes are drafted so a client’s intention is realized. He also assists in the probating of wills and participating in any litigation arising throughout the probate process.
In addition to legal practice, Mr. McDonough is actively engaged in Forsyth County civic life. Mr. McDonough has served on the following Boards: The Cumming Forsyth Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee (Chairman), The Forsyth County Board of Ethics (Vice-Chairman), The Forsyth County United Way (Vice-President of Community Investment), and The Rotary Club of South Forsyth (President).
Mr. McDonough is admitted to practice in Georgia State and Superiors Courts, the Georgia Court of Appeals, the Georgia Supreme Court, and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
He lives in Forsyth County, with his wife, Kyla, and sons, Cullen, Bryce and Declan.
Areas of Practice
- Georgia, 2007
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2003
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2003
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Forsyth Rotary Club
- Cumming-Forsyth Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee
- Cumming-Forsyth Chamber of Commerce Business Advisory Council
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Mediator, GA Office of Dispute Resolution
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite, 2013
- AVVO 10.0 Rating
- NAFLA Top 10 under 40 for 2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2009, 2011-2017
Past Employment Positions
- The Law offices of Kevin J. McDonough, P.C., Managing Partner, 2011 to 2016