Not Just A Law Firm... A Solution

Help is here when a child custody modification dispute arises

You have been divorced for a while and are finally in a good place. Your child custody arrangements are working out, and everyone is happy — so you thought. Then, out of the blue, your ex wants to change things up and files for a custody modification in a Georgia family court that will really hurt your time with your kids. What can you do?

When it comes to child custody, modification requests are fairly common. Life and changes in circumstances sometimes make them necessary. In order for a judge to grant such a request, there has to be a good reason for the change. The requesting parent will have to submit a written request with supporting documentation as to why it is necessary and best for the affected children.

Modification requests are often one-sided, meaning one parent will not agree with what the other parent is wanting. When this type of custody dispute arises, you do not have to let it go. You can fight for your rights as a parent, and you can fight for what you believe is best for your children.

If you find yourself in a child custody dispute due to a modification request that you do not agree with, you do not have to face the situation alone. An experienced family law attorney may be able to help you. To learn more about child custody in Georgia and how an attorney can assist you in your cause, feel free to take a moment and visit our firm’s website.


FindLaw Network