Solutions For Complex Real Estate Tax Concerns
As a property owner, you have an option to appeal your property values. You may be paying more than you should, especially if you own large properties. The real estate tax lawyers at Miles Hansford & Tallant, LLC, appeal property taxes for both commercial and residential clients in and around Cumming. We understand that taxes are a big expense and will work persistently to reduce what you pay.
Representing Clients In Property Tax Appeals
Small errors can make a big difference in a property tax amount. To ensure that you receive the most accurate property value, we can guide you through our checklist to:
- Ensure that records are up to date
- Examine the accuracy of the assessor’s information
- Analyze if the tax was figured using the correct taxing authority
- Request copies of the comparable sales information used to value the property
- Compare your property’s assessed value with those of nearby properties
Our attorneys’ attention to detail and wide knowledge of property tax laws can work to your advantage. Call our office today.
Challenging A Property Value
The real estate attorneys at our reputable law firm have represented numerous clients through tax appeals, including litigation for zoning needs. We represent both individual property owners in condominiums and subdivisions and commercial clients with retail shopping centers, hotels, office buildings, apartment complexes and condominium developments.
We help our clients by:
- Preparing real estate property tax returns
- Filing appeals with the county board of tax assessors
- Appealing to the superior court of the county after a negative decision is made
We know Georgia’s system for property taxes and can investigate the amounts you are charged. Unfortunately, there is limited time to file an appeal. Please contact our office to learn more about your appeal options today.
Ready To Appeal Your Property Taxes?
Our skilled litigators represent clients in an array of tax matters and are ready to advocate for you. We handle all types of civil litigation.